Jail Cannot accees the internet or ping local devices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wales

Cadet
Hi Everyone,

Am new to freeNAs. Am trying to setup a Jail on my system running FreeNAS. I have not been able to access the internet or ping any other device on my network from the Jail.
I am using a virtual machine to run the freeNAs. This VM is on a private with an ip address arrange which has been NAT(ed) via Vyatta router. I can reach the internet from the shell of the FreeNas but NOT from the Jail. Can anyone pls explain and share their thoughts. Thanks

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
Check your jail configuration. Make sure you have gateway, and name server configured.

Wales

Cadet
I did that, even got confused at some point to what I should set those as. The gateway I set on the FreeNAS server itself is what i put on the jail, that dint work, I set the FreeNAs as the gateway for the jail dint work as well.

enemy85

Guru
your jail gateway should be the same you put in the freenas net configuration (that is to say your router gateway). Strange it doesn't work

Wales

Cadet
Yeah I know it's quite strange. I setup the jail with a static address in the same subnet as the FreeNas server. I also tried the bridge parameters still dint work.

charlie89

Explorer
I had the exact same problem a month ago on a new jail - deleting and recreating the jail helped.

Wales

Cadet
Hi charlie, could you share how you configured your Jail. did you use the bridge setting, NAT, or...?

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Yeah I know it's quite strange. I setup the jail with a static address in the same subnet as the FreeNas server. I also tried the bridge parameters still dint work.

Have you ruled out an IP conflict? With the jails network configuration set to static IP it will just doll out the next unused ip in the range set in the jails network configuration tab. If that IP has been assigned to any other device in your net work by your router you'll run into the problem you describe.

Wales

Cadet
freenas.jpg

thats what my routing table looks like on the jail

Status
Not open for further replies.