Lenovo TS 440 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jason B

Dabbler
Yes. The multiplexer keeps running the tests and then you can login via ssh again and re-attach to the multiplexer to view the status/results
I did these tests right in the Shell in the WebUI and it worked fine for me. I wonder why you are having issues with the Ctrl+B in the shell.

I believe it was caused by the fact that I did not release Ctl+b before pressing Shift+" to create a split screen. It was really my lack of knowledge using tmux. Although it is very simple/basic, it is an important piece of information and not necessarily intuitive.

Jason B

Dabbler
Where can I find a procedure for setting up email. I modified settings in System > Email and tried to send a test email but got an error that read:
Code:
You must configure the root email (Account->Users->root)

In Accounts->Users->root, the field E-mail: is blank. I assume that I enter: root@freenas.local. Is this correct, or do I need to invent an email address for root? In the Password: and Confirmation: fields I assume this means I need to create an email password for root. Is this correct?

danb35

Hall of Famer
No, you enter the email address you want notifications sent to. The password and confirmation fields are to change the root password. I'm pretty sure the manual explains all that.

Redcoat

MVP
In System Email add all of the information for the outgoing email account you wish to use.

In Accounts->Users->root, the field E-mail: is blank. I assume that I enter: root@freenas.local. Is this correct, or do I need to invent an email address for root?

No, put in there the email address at which you (root) wish to receive email notification of the state of your server.

In the Password: and Confirmation: fields I assume this means I need to create an email password for root. Is this correct?
No you are providing the password for the root account login.

Jason B

Dabbler
OK. I am getting errors sending test email trying different combinations of email settings: Port to connect to: and TLS/SSL.

When I select port 587 and SSL I get the following error message:
Code:
Your test email could not be sent: [SSL: UNKNOWN_PROTOCOL] unknown protocol (_ssl.c:749)

When I select port 25 and SSL I get the following error message:
Code:
Your test email could not be sent: [Errno 65] No route to host

When I select port 465 and SSL I get the following error message:
Code:
Your test email could not be sent: (534, b'5.7.14 Please log in via your web browser and\n5.7.14 then try again.\n5.7.14 Learn more at\n5.7.14 https://support.google.com/mail/answer/78754 n8sm3733953itg.1 - gsmtp')

When I select port 587 and TLS I get the same error message as when selecting port 465 and SSL.
When I select port 25 and TLS I get the same error message as when selecting 25 and SSL
When I select port 465 and TLS, I get the following error message:
Code:
Your test email could not be sent: Connection unexpectedly closed: timed out

For the above error that references https://support.google.com, I have read that I can setup 2-step-verification in my Google account but i don't wish to do that. The other option is to enable the Google Account setting: Allow less secure apps, but that leaves your account vulnerable and I don't wish to do that either. For testing purposes I have temporarily enabled the Google Account setting: Allow less secure apps, and sent a test message. That was successful.

So I guess I'm going to have to think about how I want to change my gmail account settings to support FreeNAS email notifications. I could create yet another account to manage for this purpose but that is also not desirable.

Redcoat

MVP
Search for Gmail Setup - you will find plenty of discussion on this email topic including details by @Yatti420 for setting up the application-specific two-factor authentication for Gmail.

There's also this one.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.