Learning freenas 9.2 - replaced disk -wrongly obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.

cevyn

Cadet
Just working with this as a learning project. Using UFS because of hardware I have available. I took down system and swapped out drive. I created a volume with the new drive. My hope was old volume on old drive would go away. Obviously did not. Also hoped it would give me a pull-down to remove the old one. Again no.

So I did some digging and it look likes there are some SQLlite commands to delete the old from the database but it didn't seem like the instructions were detailed enough for me to provide the right details to remove "my" old disk . yes i could just re-install but would rather take the opportunity to learn how to fix something like this on a low importance system rather than learning it on a critical system. What items in the GUI do I need to grab to be able to delete the old drive/vol from the database. Then what commands do I need.

many thanks

D

dlavigne

Where are you still seeing the old drive? A screenshot of what you are seeing might help.

cevyn

Cadet
File is attached. The volume I'm trying to remove is /mnt/kevol1

Attachments

• freenas1.png
    freenas1.png
    191.2 KB · Views: 198

cyberjock

Inactive Account
So click on the "volume manager" on the tree. Select the kevol1 volume and detach it...

Status
Not open for further replies.