Kali Linux Installed but won't Boot after choosing Kali from the Distro's Home menu in VM

R_Stav

Dabbler
Hello, as the title suggest after I install Kali Linux and finish the install successfully when I reboot and select it from the initial Kali Screen to boot it loads and stays on a black screen (no shell) Is there a workaround for it to boot correctly. (Yes I know it is Debian Based).

1556404667051.png

Any help if there is a workaround please let me know

Last edited:
D

dlavigne

FreeNAS version? Hardware specs? Anything in /var/log/messages when it fails to load?

R_Stav

Dabbler
@dlavigne
Freenas Version 11.2-U2 the latest release
Hardware Specs:

CPU: i3-8100
Mobo: Asus Prime mATX B360M-A
RAM: Kingston HyperX 16 GB (8x2) 2666
PSU: 400W EVGA

As for logs I have none in Logs that I can tell

samuel-emrys

Contributor
@dlavigne I was not. Kali Will not boot at all still. Still waiting to see if anyone might have a solution
Sorry this doesn't help answer your question, but I'm curious, what's the purpose of running Kali in a VM on your server? I would have thought you would want access to the devices wifi/bluetooth/external devices, so a laptop would be ideal.. What's your use case?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Are you able to type at that prompt?

R_Stav

Dabbler
@samuel-emrys the use case for me is that i'm not currently using it for external devices just simple playing around with the new release of KAli and Ghidra for a bit.

@sretalla I am not

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality
Using the menu bar of NoVNC to send CTRL ALT DEL?

sretalla

Powered by Neutrality

R_Stav

Dabbler
It will reboot as standard Linux does but will just go back to the first screen I posted I'm using the new 2019a Kali iso

sretalla