Just about had with Plugins

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
Hello

I realise that it May be the plugins folder that this may belong to but I am also a NOOB but I have been trying to get my plugins working for around a month now.

My Freenas on my system as per my signature.
· I have set up a Main Volume called NAs_Volume
· I have a dataset called Media where all my Media is stored (/Movies, /TV_Shows, /Music)
· All folders are were root, wheel with the permissions as per what Freenas allocated
· This Dataset also has /Torrents for my torrent files, /Nzb’s for my manually downloaded NZB’s,and /Downlods for my temporary downloads file for SABnzbd

Everything ran ok, however I had not yet set up Headphones.

On one occasion I could not get attached to the internet and also could not see into the folders, found my permissions were route and wheel. I changed all this to nobody and no group and still none of my plugins could access the internet, but I could see my data now. I rebooted Freenas and then my plugins disappeared from the tree. I could however see then through the Plugins tab, all were switched off and won’t switch on. I tried then going to DHCP and rebooting then I could not see my GUI as it was set at 192.168.1.2 and I could not find another IP that was on the same address
I decided to delete all the plugins the Jails automatically deleted themselves. Apart from the Warden and main Jail Dataset.

I then made sure That My IP address range for the plugins was at a different range to my other Clients – phones, Ipad etc.

So I was then back to no Jails and no plugins, my FreeNAS only had the CIFS client.

So then I did a reboot with the Auto tune on which developed three tuneable’s and three Sysctls. Sorry I’m at work so don’t have the details. I then switched Autotune off.

So back to Loading Plugins – Sickbeard first – it took about 20 minutes and loaded ok
Sabnzbd – Loaded ok.

From the SABnzbd_1 jail I pinged 8.8.8.8 (OK ) then pinged www.google.com (OK too)

I then Set up Sabnzbd –ok and did a reboot to see if any problems existed. It came back ok however Sick beard had disappeared from the tree.

So I added the Sickbeard IP and Mac to my router as a Static address rebooted FreeNAS and Sickbeard came back.

I Setup Sickbeard and Connected to Sabnzbd ok but when I tried to Connect to the internet for a TV show there was no connection.

Tried pining 8.8.8.8 with no luck.

So I then Rebooted the Router after adding the SAbnzbd IP and Mac as Static addresses.

When it came back Sickbeard was ok.

Then I checked my Sabnzbd setup and I could not see into my Datasets, checked the Permissions which were on Root & wheel so changed both the Sickbeard_1 and SABnzbd_1 jails to Nobody & nogroup with 777 permissions. Rebooted everything and it now seems ok.

SO back to Sickbeard, Added TV-shows –no problem, then when tried to add scripting for Sabnzbd I needed to add SabtoSickbeard.py and after his all was lost again. I tried setting a shared script folder so I could access this from a jail folder and that came ok.
I tried to set-up Transmission with the correct folders and it would not turn on. Did a re-boot and all muy plugins except Transmission were gone from the tree and would not turn on.
Aftter many hours pulling my haior out I though t again it may be a confict on an ip address.

So I checked my DHCP pool (3bb modem I am presently in Thailand) and tried to set it to 192.168.1.2 to 192.168.1.30 but it would not accept this as I had set statics for my Jails above .31. I checked my Jail through the notification panels and it seemed as though the MAC addresses were different and as my Statics needed the MAC addresses I decided to delete these and allow the DHCP to make the set the pool to the max of 192.168.1.30. at the se time on my Wifi I disabled access to unknown MAC addresses, adding my Wifi MAC daddresses to the allowed ones, these are also listed in the static table.
So I now have my network secured by allowed MAC address only and my DHCP only goes to 192.168.1.30. My Jails are 192.168.1.31 to 192.168.1.35.
Rebooted my Router, rebooted Freenas all to no avail. – Good job I shave my head otherwise the hair pulling would be painful.
So more Drastic Moves.
Deleted All Plugins, all Jails including the warden and the Jail Dataset.
So now try re-installing as a single jail, as previously every time I tried adding storage to the jails, after I installed the plugins the jails storage items would come back automatically – Something seemed wrong there.
So Created a Dataset called Programs to Store all the jails there. Set my jails to use this dataset and set the Jails to access 192.168.1.31 to 192.168.1.40 only with allowable Networks as 192.168.1.0/24. Now it thought this would do a fairly clean install as the Dataset is different.
Now Manually download all the plugins from http://www.freenas.org/downloads/plugins/9/x64/
Sickbeard, SABnzbd, Couchpotato, Transmission, Headphones, MiniDLNA and Maraschino – though what the hell this should work download them all.
All installed however none will switch on.
So I am now going to Re-install Freenas altogether and re- try from Scratch.
Attached are logs and other data in notepad form. The MAC addresses fro 31+ will have changed.

Attachments

• Jun 22.txt
    40.1 KB · Views: 177
  • July 2.txt
    40.5 KB · Views: 189
  • july3.txt
    40.8 KB · Views: 367
  • july 3 2.txt
    49.2 KB · Views: 198
  • ifconfig.txt
    1.4 KB · Views: 175
  • mac & Ip.txt
    462 bytes · Views: 190

avalon60

Guru
Sorry I( can't help you with plugins, but suffice to say I tried a few plugins, couldn't get to work for one reason or another, so I removed them altogether. Now I won't even think about installing and using a plugin as my NAS box works perfectly without them

Christopher Joyson

Contributor
I eventually got my Plug-ins to work and will document the full process in my third addition to Thread "PROBLEM Cannot get plug-isn and Jails to comunicate reliably". IT was a combination of, I believe, not setting my interface to Promiscuos mode, my network settings and the order of setting up.

It has now been running three days, with Sickbeard, SABnzbd & Couchpotato. I did have them all working before so I am not that confident on the reliability.

I have still to add Transmission and Headphones but will wait till later to add those.

AleQQ

Dabbler
edit: *sticks foot in mouth* nevermind

Status
Not open for further replies.