9.2.1.1 fresh install

Status
Not open for further replies.

marcevan

Patron
Ok, I was on a 9.2.0 install and had a fouled up 2 jails situation (one I removed) but the plugins remained and the new plugins for the new jail were working but didn't show.

Anyway, I said let's make time for 9.2.1.1 fresh install so I did and rebooted the NAS with the new USB stick and imported the volume and removed the jails for the plugins.

IP Address: I saw a lot of people saying they could not get into the GUI of 9.2.1.1 after upgrading and/or plugins wouldn't download and/or work

* If you have a DHCP given to your freeNAS and want to go static it's easy to do, but you must reboot.

I set mine to static and still got plugins to install but none would show in GUI. I rebooted and GUI is back and plugins are back and working fine.

* CIFS won't start. It won't off the bat but 2 reboots later it will. One to effect the IP change, and one to get the GUI back, and to kill the hosts lookup from your CIFS config and then it will run. Mine wouldn't until I did exactly that.

* Sickbeard plugin won't start. It does but doesn't connect in GUI until an additional restart after you stop and start your jail for it.

Those are the 3 main issues I've been seeing, and got them all and got thru them all.

Status
Not open for further replies.