Jails storage and jails not working correctly

Status
Not open for further replies.

kristen

Dabbler
Hello

I have problem with jails and jail storage.
I've done all right like in tutorial. But if I download something it doesnt go destination.
I've used this tutorial: https://www.zufallsheld.de/2013/11/...tato-sickbeard-dlna-server/#table-of-contents
1.PNG

Maybe someone can help me out?

Best wishes,
Kristen

scrappy

Patron
Never a good sign when a tutorial tells the user to chmod -R 777 a directory in order to gain read/write/execute permissions. You might temporarily do that to test something, but permissions should rarely, if ever be left at 777. I would venture to guess your permissions are not set correctly.

Typically, you'd want user and group IDs (UID & GID) to match between the host dataset and the service/user inside the jail that needs to have read/write/execute permissions. For example: On my manually created Plex jail, 'plex' user and group IDs are 996 and 994 respectively. So I create the same plex user and group name plus matching UID and GID numbers on the FreeNAS host (Under the Accounts section) then assign them to the FreeNAS dataset to be shared with my plex jail.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
You can't have the source and destination the same. Your source is the dataset and directory where your files are located and the destination is the mount point in the jail. Also if you chmod 777 all your jails your likely going to have to start over and rebuild your jails. Do NOT do that to your jails, it breaks them.

underpickled

Contributor
Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.