Jail name makes storage path exceed length

Status
Not open for further replies.

PiP

Dabbler
Am making a standalone post of this issue as have had no response to earlier one where it was possibly mixed in with other issues that may have confused the issue.

When i install transmission (via gui upload), the jail that it automatically creates is called 'customplugin_1'. This then means the path length for adding storage exceeds the allowable length.

How can I force the jail name to be called something more meaningful and shorter.

Previous installation (on 9.1.0 before upgrading to 9.1.1) was called 'bit_1'. I have installed and uninstalled several times and it keeps creating a the jail 'customplugin_1'.

Regards

Jack

PiP

Dabbler
Please create a bug report at https://bugs.freenas.org/projects/freenas (that the default plugin name needs to be shorter) and post the issue number here.
Thanks dlavigne - I will do as instructed. I see the issue as two fold - the first being the lengthy plugin name, but the second, and more important issue for mine is that the jail name is created automatically without the user able to modify, and the name being chosen is also lenghty.

From my experience it seems that old jail names are also being held somewhere in the database and are therefore not able to be recycled even if they are no longer in existance. The orginal transmission jail was created manually following instructions from the manual (I forget what I called it, but something simple), and since automatic jail creation via the gui using 9.10+, 'bit', 'bit_1', and now 'customplugin_1'. Obviously if I had the ability to define the jail name during the automatic installation I would choose something more meaningful and shorter.

Status
Not open for further replies.