MiniDLNA Automatic Scan - Fix

Status
Not open for further replies.

joeschmuck

Old Man
This script will allow the drives to go into standby. The use of "wait_on" give us that functionality. If you have too many items to monitor, or rather too long of a path then the script would fail over to forced scanning which would keep the drives from sleeping. The limit is what I call the RedAlert value. This is the maximum length that wait_on can accept. If you do exceed the path length limit there are work arounds you could do. the only time I've seen folks hit the limit is due to heavy nesting of the media. So check it out, see if your drives sleep or not, and if they don't, look for the file minidlnaerror.log to see if there is a length issue.

But as I stated above, in FreeNAS 9.1 the jails are acting different form previous versions so heed my notes above. I do use this script myself and I only have the one jail right now. If I were to use a second jail, I would remove MiniDLNA and add any other jails, then add MiniDLNA as my last jail and enable the script.

Cheers

joeschmuck

Old Man

awbul

Cadet
What this does is automatically forces a rescan of your databases when you make a change to the database.

I'm not following o_O could someone explain how one makes a change to the database before rescanning?

joeschmuck

Old Man
Maybe a poor choice of words at the time, it means that when you make a change to the monitored file space it will force a rescan which creates/updates the database. The new patched file in my link above (3 Feb posting) is MiniDLNA with a fix, however all is not perfect as I explain in that thread. It works great in most situations.

Fragsrus

Cadet
well, I have no idea what happened, but after I completed these steps my transmission, sickbeard, and minidlna plugins no longer work. When I attempt to turn this on all I get is "Some error occured". I am running 9.2.1.6-release-x64

edit: I am also no longer able to use putty to SSH into my box.

joeschmuck

Old Man
I'm not sure what you did to affect SSH or other jails. Did you read my posting above on 3 Feb with the link to the current plugin which works for the most part and you do not have to do anything special within the jail. Also there is a new version of the plugin which we are expecting to come out in the near future, but sometimes near future means a few weeks or a few months.

Fragsrus

Cadet
I have no idea what happened either. All I know is I went through the steps and things stopped working. I then undid everything and everything worked again. Maybe I just had some kind of glitch?

Yatti420

Wizard
I don't believe this applies to new versions of FreeNAS..

Sent from my SGH-I257M using Tapatalk 2

fernicus

Cadet
I'm hoping somone can help me as I hate going into anything FreeNAS. I have FreeNAS 8.3.1 and have installed Minidlna v 1.0.24 and like everyone else I can't get it to refresh. I'm going through the instructions here to install the script and can't even get past step two. I type 'pkg_add -r wait_on' and I get the following error:

Error: Unable to get ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages-8.3-
release/Latest/wait_on.tbz: File unavailable (e.g., file not found, no access)
pkg_add: unable to fetch 'ftp://ftp.freebsd.org/pub/FreeBSD/ports/amd64/packages
-8.3-release/Latest/wait_on.tbz' by URL

What am I doing wrong?

Step 1 (typing jexec dlna_1 /bin/tcsh) didn't work either but I can get into my jail by typing jexec 2 tcsh since my JID is 2. Not sure if this would effect 'pkg_add -r wait_on'.

joeschmuck

Old Man
Have you just tried the plugin I posted that I listed a few messages back?

Status
Not open for further replies.