How to make minidlna scan at interval?

Status
Not open for further replies.

labtopia

Dabbler
on the 8.2rc1 and got minidlna working and serving media! now how would i be able to get it to scan daily for new media? i have looked and not been able to find something that would do this. seems like it should be built in to a media server but doesnt look to be.

anyone know how to do this? i have tried stopping and starting the service which someone mentioned should force a rescan but didnt do anything. it seems a full reboot of the entire nas is the only thing that seems to rescan.

paleoN

Wizard
now how would i be able to get it to scan daily for new media? i have looked and not been able to find something that would do this. seems like it should be built in to a media server but doesnt look to be.
It is built-in. It's called inotify. The problem is it's Linux only as discussed in this [thread=7170]thread[/thread].

anyone know how to do this? i have tried stopping and starting the service which someone mentioned should force a rescan but didnt do anything. it seems a full reboot of the entire nas is the only thing that seems to rescan.
Check the rescan on (re)start checkbox.

labtopia

Dabbler
well it looks like just stopping and starting it from the gui will get it to rescan, good enough for now.

thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.