SOLVED Jail Message to Interpret after attempting "Add Storage"

Status
Not open for further replies.

NiceTry

Explorer
"Jul 23 00:54:03 ServerA manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: The path could not be mounted /mnt/MS0/SERVERFILES0/Movies: Mount failed (64) -> mount: /mnt/MS0/jails/minidlna_1/media/Movies: No such file or directory ]"

While trying to set up source/destination references to files for miniDLNA plugin, the Add Storage process failed to install the directories and links cited in the message above. I interpreted this to mean the referenced directory could not be mounted in the jails' /media directory. I don't know the reason why.

Is this a permissions problem? Is there a configuration setting I've missed? miniDLNA has worked in the past for me. Is there something I need to turn on?

This was done after an install with a fresh FreeNAS 9.1.2.6 USB stick but using auto imported pools from a previous dataset that failed to link to the jail. Will I need to truly start from scratch again?

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer
I'd guess your problem is that the destination directory (i.e., within the jail) doesn't exist--the "create directory" checkbox doesn't work.

NiceTry

Explorer
I'd guess your problem is that the destination directory (i.e., within the jail) doesn't exist--the "create directory" checkbox doesn't work.

Good catch. "Create Directory" used to work. I wonder why it doesn't.

I manually created the destination directories and was able to Add Storage.

Thanks.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
This is a 9.2.1.6 bug and has been mentioned a few times in the forums. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.