It's been a wild ride

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jpaetzel

Far be it from the FreeNAS development team to rest on it's laurels, but I was looking, and so far there have been a touch over 250,000 downloads of the various 8.0.1 and 8.0.2 images, counting betas, RC, etc etc etc.

So, I hope that can tell us to some degree that we are moving in the right direction anyways.

I'd like to thank everyone in the community for using FreeNAS, reporting bugs, for criticizing what doesn't work, pointing out flaws, suggesting workarounds, living with the results of our labours....

We are meeting this week to determine the feature list of what we'd like to have out by the end of the year...I'll keep everyone posted. :)

Gnome

Explorer
I for one am very impressed by FreeNAS 8. I'm a developer by trade so I can see the amount of work you guys put in. You must be working your asses off. Your release cycles are very impressive. Good job!

The only thing I really want and hope to see soon is ZFS v28 :D

Durkatlon

Patron
Only request I have is a bulletproof way to deal with failing disks. Everything else is just icing.

lyzanxia

Dabbler
You guys did a great job on freenas in my opinion! Also hoping for a failproof system of notifying and easy replacement of failing disks like Durkation said, that would make me sleep even better :)

Status
Not open for further replies.