8.0.4 How to mount a card reader to share

Status
Not open for further replies.

facefirst

Cadet
Hello everyone, I've been running a couple freenas boxes for shared storage at work and we run into a lot of situations where we need to plug a card reader into one of our laptops to get data of various CF, SD, memory stick etc. We would like to put the card reader on the freenas server.

Is it possible to install one on freenas? and have it come up as a share or something to that effect?

I remember it being quite a chore to get a USB drive mounted with my limited command line knowledge. I was able to copy the information i wanted to a freenas share and something along those lines would be sufficient as well.

Bonus points if someone can answer if multiple cards can be read from a 7in1 at a time (haven't thought to try that)

ProtoSD

MVP
I don't see why all of those things can't be done. Multiple cards might depend on the reader, have you tried that on Windows or other OS?

Your best luck will depend on how the card is formatted, where FreeNAS native formats UFS / ZFS are the best, and ext2, NTFS being a last resort.

Status
Not open for further replies.