It's been an interesting period...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I recently realized I never did introduce myself. I thought I'd take the opportunity to do this on the occasion of the 500th like on one of my posts. I'll try to express what I'd like to convey:

Newly examined visual experiences redefined gaming. Over newly noted artistic games, I very excitedly yearned of unseen, unexpected pleasure.

What that messy sentence (if it feels cobbled together, that's because it is - the result of deep thought and severe syntactical limitations combined with regular expression-controlled semantics) tries to convey is that my contributions here were basically a game.
The objective? Acquire all trophies as quickly as possible: the final one is given for 500 likes.
Now that it is completed, I will wind down my participation in the forum, which is a pity.
I feel we've known each other for so long, which makes this a heart-aching decision - but I'm not too shy to say it. Inside you all must've known what's been going on - we know the game and we're all going to play along. If you ask me how I feel about this sudden announcement, don't tell me you're too blind to see I'm relieved - participating in the forum is exhausting!

I'd like to conclude with a short inspirational video that I hope will help you all understand my position, in case it hasn't been made abundantly clear by my hacked-together semantic choices:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

In case someone fulfills the following requirements:
Still hasn't caught on, somehow
Has a good enough monitor to distinguish this white text from the background OR is suspicious about all the white space OR likes to randomly select text because... reasons?

YES! This is a joke. You have been Rickrolled. So what it's very 2010? You're lucky browsers evolved, rendering impossible-to-close rickrolls obsolete.
I was bored, don't judge.

Still reading the white text? Gee, way to pressure me... Here's a joke to make up for the rickroll.
My cat is Faraday. We take him to the vet in a Faraday Cage.

In any case, best of luck to everyone and enjoy FreeNAS. :cool:

anodos

Sambassador
iXsystems
I recently realized I never did introduce myself. I thought I'd take the opportunity to do this on the occasion of the 500th like on one of my posts. I'll try to express what I'd like to convey:

Newly examined visual experiences redefined gaming. Over newly noted artistic games, I very excitedly yearned of unseen, unexpected pleasure.

What that messy sentence (if it feels cobbled together, that's because it is - the result of deep thought and severe syntactical limitations combined with regular expression-controlled semantics) tries to convey is that my contributions here were basically a game.
The objective? Acquire all trophies as quickly as possible: the final one is given for 500 likes.
Now that it is completed, I will wind down my participation in the forum, which is a pity.
I feel we've known each other for so long, which makes this a heart-aching decision - but I'm not too shy to say it. Inside you all must've known what's been going on - we know the game and we're all going to play along. If you ask me how I feel about this sudden announcement, don't tell me you're too blind to see I'm relieved - participating in the forum is exhausting!

I'd like to conclude with a short inspirational video that I hope will help you all understand my position, in case it hasn't been made abundantly clear by my hacked-together semantic choices:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dQw4w9WgXcQ

In case someone fulfills the following requirements:
Still hasn't caught on, somehow
Has a good enough monitor to distinguish this white text from the background OR is suspicious about all the white space OR likes to randomly select text because... reasons?

YES! This is a joke. You have been Rickrolled. So what it's very 2010? You're lucky browsers evolved, rendering impossible-to-close rickrolls obsolete.
I was bored, don't judge.

Still reading the white text? Gee, way to pressure me... Here's a joke to make up for the rickroll.
My cat is Faraday. We take him to the vet in a Faraday Cage.

In any case, best of luck to everyone and enjoy FreeNAS. :cool:

Well played. I knew what was coming and I still clicked. Now we just need a moderator to come by and erase your records so that you have to start over again.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Heh, Faraday cage.......

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Well played. I knew what was coming and I still clicked. Now we just need a moderator to come by and erase your records so that you have to start over again.
Those inspirational words are permanently associated with a YouTube link that goes something like dQw4...

mjws00

Guru
Heh. Did you see his uptown funk rendition? Pretty good for an old dude.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
What a whiney biznatch. Call me when you hit 5-digits of posts. ;)

/em Goes to add another trophy for 10000 posts. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.