Issues with Plex Stuttering and won't auto-start

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeB

Contributor
I have plex installed from plugin. I updated it to 1.1.4.2757 and ever since I have 2 problems;

1) It doesn't auto-start, i have to SSH in to the jail and "service plexmediaserver onestart" every time i restart FreeNAS.

2) I cannot stop/start from the installed plugins menu.

3) It now judders on playback, buffers every 10-20 secs, CPU is at 20%, network is at 30 mbps and i'm direct-playing to a Samsung TV that before the update had no issues.

I did install the U1 update, and rolled it back as it broke my VB jail and a bunch of other things, but not sure if that's the issue or not?

I'm now running Freenas 9.10.1.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
the slider runs this which enables plex to auto start
Code:
sysrc plexmediaserver_enable=YES

JoeB

Contributor
the slider runs this which enables plex to auto start
Code:
sysrc plexmediaserver_enable=YES

Do i execute this in the jail or on the "underling system"<--not sure what that is called ?

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Do i execute this in the jail or on the "underling system"<--not sure what that is called ?
run it in the jail userland not the freenas/host userland

JoeB

Contributor
Thanks, I've done that but I still cannot stop the plugin from the plugin tab. Other plugins are also not allowing me to start/stop them and show as off when they are actually on. some plugins work, some don't.

It just seems like the whole plugin system, for me at least, is broken. I've installed a few apps in vanilla jails due to broken plugins- maybe i'll need to do that with plex too.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
likely the networking between your jails and freenas webui isn't working. you can usually tell this if the icons under Plugins on the left panel dont appear.

what always works for me is disabling VIMAGE and assigning a proper interface to my jails. or you could use vanilla jails like you said and start/stop from the commandline. then you dont rely on proper networking between the jails and the freenas webui

Status
Not open for further replies.