Plex server fine... Won't send to Chromecast

Status
Not open for further replies.

wungun

Contributor
Did the usual... Reset Chromecast, rebooted router, reset up CC... Freenas up to date (

FreeNAS-9.10.1-U2 (f045a8b) Plex plugin is up to date (plexmediaserver-1.1.4.2757-amd64)
The Plex logo shows up for a couple of minutes then returns to chromecast and the app tells me is can't connect (using android app, or browser). Nothing else seems to run on chromecast either except casting screen l.
This all happened on the latest freenas update.
Oh and I removed plugin, reinstalled and recreated jail/directory, setup server... Everything seems as it should... Except casting...

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Can you access the Plex web UI?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

wungun

Contributor
Yupper... No problem there. All my media is available and shows up on all my devices, local or internet too. It's obviously more a Chromecast issues it seems, but it can't hurt to talk about it...
I sure miss having Plex casting movies though :(

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
I went through this a while ago (plex worked fine, but would fail when sending to chromecast). Finally gave in and rebuilt plex and it's been fine since (knock on wood).

wungun

Contributor
Thanks for the reply... And by rebuilt you mean....? Deleted your library from the Plex app and reimported your media?

Sent from my SM-G935W8 using Tapatalk

depasseg

FreeNAS Replicant
Deleted your library from the Plex app and reimported your media?
I deleted the entire plex jail. installed a new one, and couldn't even import the plex config folder (I would get the same problem). Instead I reconfigured everything manually. After configuration, I was able to import the viewing history into the database.

wungun

Contributor
Just deleted plugin and jail. . . Rebooted server. . . Installed plugin. . . Created NEW jail storage location. . . Imported and scanned my media database. . . Plex app works perfectly on my tablet. . .
Still will not cast to chromecast ! Ugh !

Status
Not open for further replies.