Is my disk encrypted? Corrupt GPT table.

Status
Not open for further replies.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Do you mean each disk one by one goes offline (degrade array) correct gpt label, swap etc. and resilver?

Yes. But you can pretty much be guaranteed that you will not be able to resilver all of the disks without an error(statistically speaking) and after you have an error you may end up having to destroy the pool. Not something I'd recommend with RAIDZ1.

Dusan

Guru
Could you advise me where can I find a good guide for this whole process?
Here's the guide: Building pools from the CLI
However, as I already stated above, you can boot into FreeNAS 8.3.2 and create a create a pool containing different sized drives there and the switch back to 9.2.0. Or, you can wait for 9.2.1 that will again provide this option.

qxw

Dabbler
Thanks a lot for the answers. All the answers are useful and clear. I think now I understand reasons of my problem and I would be able to solve it. I suppose I also would be able to build correctly a pool from CLI (vďaka Dušan).
While backuping my data (preparing to destroy the pool) I have chance once again to think over my concept (read articles quoted in cyberjocks signature) and I realized it is wrong. I decided to use RAIDZ2 of 4 drives instead RAIDZ1 of 5 drives.
It will be able to be done from GUI. One SATA port left free, probably it will be useful in the future. "RAID5/RAIDZ1 is dead" take me really surprised, with RAIDZ2 I will feel my data in safer place.
I am happy to find here such helpful community! :cool:

One more last question: Should I change the order of drives in a zpool (swap sata connectors), after booting up system will find the zpool or not?

warri

Guru
The order of the drives does not matter - it should work fine. When using the GPTIDs (GUI method), also the controller and hardware path does not matter.

Status
Not open for further replies.