GPT issues on two HDD's and on array.

Status
Not open for further replies.

David P.

Cadet
This is really just a x-post from Reddit that I posted last night as I didn't have permission to post on here yet.

Pulled this system out of storage after six months, and it's got issues. Worked fine the day it was put in storage, even worked fine two years ago after having spent six months in my car, now it stops working while in climate controlled storage. Fucking Murphy.

Anyway, here's what I'm seeing during boot up that seems relevant.

GEOM: ad4: corrupt or invalid GPT detected.
GEOM: ad4: GPT rejected -- may not be recoverable
GEOM: ad10: corrupt of invalid GPT detected.
GEOM: ad10: GPT rejected -- may not be recoverable

GEOM: raid5/NAS: the primary GPT table is corrupt or invalid.
GEOM: raid5/NAS: using the secondary instead -- recovery strongly advised

Starting file system checks:
/dev/raid5/NASp1: PARTIALLY ALLOCAATED INODE I=184224192
/dev/raid5/NASp1: UNEXPECTED SOFT UPDATE INCONSISTENCY: RUN fsck MANUALLY.
Automatic file system check failed: help!
ERROR: ABORTING BOOT (sending SIGTERM to parent)!

I recorded the boot up as well using a camera on a tripod hoping maybe someone might see other issues. It normally takes twenty minutes to boot, but after stripping out the non-moving parts, it's only a minute.

David P.

Cadet
I should add that it never does load the remote web interface, anything I do will have to be done locally. I have absolutely zero experience outside the web interface aside from when I originally built the system five years ago as I've had virtually no issues, aside from a drive going bad, but that was fixed from withing the web interface.

I've already been told by someone on Reddit that it is probably a lost cause, but I'll take any advice I can get as I can't really lose anything else at this point.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
This is FreeNAS 8+. You are using FreeNAS v7. You need to go to the NAS4Free forums.

To put it short and sweet, this "FreeNAS" uses the name, but isn't the same code as the "FreeNAS" that you use. The FreeNAS you are using has been rebranded to NAS4Free.

Unfortunately, even if you do an install of the FreeNAS used today, it is not compatible with UFS in RAID5 (which seems to be your setup considering the error that says /dev/raid5). So you need to go to the NAS4Free forums and hope to get enough help to fix the issue. If you can't fix it, we can't help you even with our OS since we never supported UFS in RAID5.

Good luck!

David P.

Cadet
This is FreeNAS 8+. You are using FreeNAS v7. You need to go to the NAS4Free forums.

To put it short and sweet, this "FreeNAS" uses the name, but isn't the same code as the "FreeNAS" that you use. The FreeNAS you are using has been rebranded to NAS4Free.

Unfortunately, even if you do an install of the FreeNAS used today, it is not compatible with UFS in RAID5 (which seems to be your setup considering the error that says /dev/raid5). So you need to go to the NAS4Free forums and hope to get enough help to fix the issue. If you can't fix it, we can't help you even with our OS since we never supported UFS in RAID5.

Good luck!

Thank you for the info. I will head on over the NAS4Free then.

Status
Not open for further replies.