Is it possible to replicate to a different local zpool

Status
Not open for further replies.

skimon

Dabbler
Is it possible to replicate to a different local zpool? Ie create a new zpool on the same machine and replicate one to the other. The idea being the first backup set is on local machine and 2nd backup set is remote.

I couldn't find any information on this and it seems like its unsupported as the manual specifies using ssh keys and separate machines.

Last edited:

mjws00

Guru
Sure. You can use 'localhost' as the remote machine and replicate across pools. I actually like pschatz100's version better using the gui for the snapshot, then the cli for the actual replication. Search around and you'll see some ideas.

I literally used the manual, and 'localhost' and it worked perfectly. But beyond validating proof of concept, I didn't really test extensively.

skimon

Dabbler
Sure. You can use 'localhost' as the remote machine and replicate across pools. I actually like pschatz100's version better using the gui for the snapshot, then the cli for the actual replication. Search around and you'll see some ideas.

I literally used the manual, and 'localhost' and it worked perfectly. But beyond validating proof of concept, I didn't really test extensively.

hmm ok i will looks up the post you mentioned. I also tried localhost and simply pasted the key from /etc/ssh/ssh_host_rsa_key.pub into the ssh key section and it did accept it. However the replication never seemed to kick off, any idea what I might have done wrong?

Thanks

mjws00

Guru
Status
Not open for further replies.