Installing KTorrent on FreeNAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

munificent

Explorer
First of all, apologies if this is posted in the wrong sub, since KTorrent is not an existing plugin, but this one seemed the best fit, so I thought I would ask my question here.

What I want is to install KTorrent on my system. I guess in the jail. I would like to get to the stage where I can see a webpage for it in the same way that I can see one now for Transmission. It seems a little complicated, but entirely achievable with a bit of common sense.

I would be very grateful for a step-by-step guide that leaves nothing out. Happy to provide more information if it is needed.

HolyK

Ninja Turtle
Be aware that KTorrent does not support SSL (HTTPS) Tracker, or at least it didn't supported that on early 4.x version, don't know the actual situation...

munificent

Explorer
Holy, I will have to research the importance of that. You are saying it is open tracker only? And Ben, thank you I will start from there and post again when I get in trouble.

munificent

Explorer
So, according to the documentation ben pointed me towads, the command "pkg_add -r ktorrent" tried to install some stuff but it seemed to not go smoothly. I followed up with "cd /usr/ports/net-p2p/ktorrent/ && make install clean" and got 'no such file or directory'.

So I slap down a "pkg_info -ox ktorrent" to discover there is 'no such package', then I tried "cd /usr/ports/" - 'no such directory'.

This puts me in a giant land of loss.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
If you did read the docs you would find out that you need to fetch ports before compiling packages.... portsnap fetch extract

munificent

Explorer
I did not read them all as I don't have time to become an expert. I was posting here looking for help to accomplish one task that is a little out of the ordinary. Not everyone is as familiar with the OS as you are, William.

William Grzybowski

Wizard
iXsystems
Expert? If you don't have 5 minutes to read a very well written documentation that people have wasted a lot of time just for this purpose then perhaps it is just not for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.