installing plugins - Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Light Fart

Cadet
Hi,

i am new here and to freenas, although i have spent the past 3 days installing and uninstalling and configuring...

I understand about ZFS, volumes, datasets how to SSH and shell. Permissions are still a bit of an issue but i understand the basics of how it all fits together. The problem i am having is that bits works and then don't work, ie i can setup folders via CIF. But once you start trying to use plugins everything falls apart.

There are lots of tutorials, and i have read many of them and watched a lot of youtube clips. But all of these only show you a small part of the whole thing which is very frustrating. there are big gaps that no one fills.

Would someone be kind enough to do a step by step guide, from install, to running media sever with CIF shares for a system with 6x1TB HDDs and 2 nics.

I would be very grateful to the person who would spend the time to create a real full length tutorial for noobs like myself.

I love the idea of Freenas and have so many ideas and things i would like to do with it but just need the help getting through the gate and get a working stable setup up and running.

Many thanks,
Light fart

Status
Not open for further replies.