Installing FreeNAS via USB Freeze

Status
Not open for further replies.

exactrawr

Dabbler
Hi! This is my first post on this forum!

I have a question. I am trying to install and run FreeNAS from a USB stick (8gb Sandisk)

I burned the .img file to the USB via win32 image burner and have now booted it from the system I want it installed on.

The install freezes (pic below) and wont move at all. Any support on this would be greatly appreciated! Thank you in advance.
photo.JPG

System Specs:
Asus Z87-C Mobo
16GB RAM
i5 3.2ghz CPU
4x2TB WD HDD
700W Powersupply
GT210 graphics card

exactrawr

Dabbler
Ok so i managed to get it to install.

I have another problem now. Instead of giving me a IP to configure it says "No configured interfaces were found. Try to do it manually"

I have read around that this may be caused by the chipset. I am using a z87-c mobo which has a intel chipset?

Can anyone help with this?

exactrawr

Dabbler
Thanks for your response. I have come to the conclusion that my Ethernet drivers were not supported. Can you advise on how I can check that my next motherboards ones are?

Also I cant get into the shell since the install froze. So typing ifconfig wouldn't be possible

I am new to FreeNAS so please let me know if I am missing anything

exactrawr

Dabbler
Can I open this up again? Im having the exact same problem as described before. I cant type ifconfig as it freezes on mountroot when it tries booting from a USB stick

I am new to FreeNAS so please let me know if I am missing anything

Status
Not open for further replies.