Install media list appears incorrect

Status
Not open for further replies.

larzeb

Dabbler
I am currently running 9.2.1.8. I burned 9.3 iso to a 4GB Kingston USB flash drive, and booted it.

I chose to do a new install. The list of available devices to load the OS appear to be wrong.

The Kingston USB 4GB thumb drive is listed as 29.8GB. There are also two Sandisk Blade Cruzers (SDCZ50-032G) also listed. I wanted to load the OS to these two drives.

However, one is identified with 3.9TiB and the other at 29.GB. So I gave up the install and rebooted to the old version.

Can anyone suggest what I might try to feel more comfortable loading the OS? I do also have a 4TB USB off Freenas. Perhaps I should disconnect all USB drives except the three and try again?

D

dlavigne

Did you figure this out? How many USB drives are there in this system?

larzeb

Dabbler
Freenas distribution 9.3 boot device - Kingston USB 4G thumb drive
2 Sandisk USB 32GB thumb drives to install OS
2 4TB USB external hard drives

D

dlavigne

That looks like it is only picking up one of the Sandisks. Does disconnecting the external hardware drives allow both sandisks to show up?

larzeb

Dabbler
That looks like it is only picking up one of the Sandisks. Does disconnecting the external hardware drives allow both sandisks to show up?
I haven't had a chance to disconnect the 4TB drives and try the installation again. I'll do it tomorrow and report.

larzeb

Dabbler
After disconnecting 2-4TB USB external drives and booting installation thumb drive, the available disks on which to install made sense. Installation went OK.

Unfortunately I did walk away from the installation. When I came back I saw a dynamic series of dots interspersed with pluses (+) on a character screen (e.g., DOS). It had me worried. But the OS finally booted up.

larzeb

Dabbler
Once I disconnected all external USB drives, the installation worked perfectly.

Status
Not open for further replies.