Importing volume after crash, need help!

Viox

Dabbler
Hello, i have a freens server that i built out of standard computer part, nothing fancy. A while ago the boot usb that i have died, i got this messege in the cosole (stopped at kdb_enter+0x3b movq), Today i made a new boot usb stick, and it ran good, but when I was going to import the old pool to the nas in the freenas console. I typed zpool import "namn" it loaded for like one second.

And then i got the same message again "kernel panic" (stopped at kdb_enter+0x3b movq), after that the system rebooted.

When I then tried to do the same thing in the freenas website of another computer, I got the same thing but now when it rebooted it was always stuck on (stopped at kdb_enter+0x3b movq)

So if someone could please help me it would be so great, I had all my picture on it, and stupid enough I didn't make any backup...

//Viox

Viox

Dabbler
Here is a picture of it, if that can help?

Attachments

• 20191110_150404.jpg
    20191110_150404.jpg
    129.5 KB · Views: 220

Viox

Dabbler
Have done that, but I still get the same error code

Last edited:

garm

Wizard
No you haven’t , at least not shown it in the thread..

Viox

Dabbler
"Today i made a new boot usb stick, and it ran good, but when I was going to import the old pool to the nas in the freenas console. I typed zpool import "namn" it loaded for like one second. And then i got the same message again "kernel panic" (stopped at kdb_enter+0x3b movq), after that the system rebooted. "

That I wrote in the starting text

Viox

Dabbler
This is the error I get when i do "zpool import Hemma" (Hemma is my name for the nas pool)

Attachments

• 20191110_190308.jpg
    20191110_190308.jpg
    414.3 KB · Views: 224

Viox

Dabbler
I had one thought, do you think that i can take my two ironwolf disks from the freenas, and put them in an old seagate blackarmour nas to get the back? Or will that not work?

Thank you so much for you time to help =)

garm

Wizard
Nej gör inte det. Det du gjorde va zpool import hemma vilket är ett annat argument än zpool import. Kollar man på andra trådar med samma felmeddelande är risken att du förlorat poolen. Men låt oss iaf kolla igenom dom enkla grejerna först.

Viox

Dabbler
aha haha du var svensk =), okej men ska jag testa zpool import och skriva vad jag får?
eller ska jag skicka bild?

garm

Wizard
kopiera texten från consol om du kan, och skriv den i [ CODE] tags. Annars funkar bild hjälpligt.

med lite tur kan du montera poolen read only, men vi tar det stegvis. Jag byter tillbaka till engelskan för sökbarhetens skull när vi kommer någonstans.

Viox

Dabbler
Yes jag förstår, kan inte kopiera text då det är på en annan dator med bara nasen på, men skickar en bild här.
(edit är väldigt ny till nasar så om jag inte fattar så bra så vet du)

Attachments

• 20191110_192026.jpg
    20191110_192026.jpg
    227.6 KB · Views: 210

Viox

Dabbler
För testade förut att importera den från hemsidan på freenas, då kommer den upp som pool, men sen får man det där error meddelandet i konsolen efter ett tag att man har importerat den.

swift99

Cadet
I have not. I suspect that if I import the volumes all will be well, but I need reassurances before doing anything that might damage my pool.

garm

Wizard
okey, so everything is present, what does zpool import -F -n Hemma say?

If you are using Windows 10 then you can simply do ssh <freenas_ip> in a console window to get something like a proper console.