Forced reboot when importing volume

Status
Not open for further replies.

pathoftruth

Cadet
Upgrading FreeNAS server to new hardware and updated to FreeNAS 11 from 9.3. Old hardware crashed, was really old, and didn't meet FreeNAS minimum requirements. When attempting to import the encrypted volume, server reboots with volume still encrypted.

KDB: enter: panic
[ thread pid 3671 tid 101386 ]
Stopped at kdb_enter+0x3b: movq $0,kdb_why
db:0:kdb.enter.default> write cn_mute 1
cn_mute 0 = 0x1
db:0:kdb.enter.default> textdump dump
db:0:kdb.enter.default> reset
cpu_reset: Restarting BSP
cpu_reset_proxy: Stopped CPU 2

I don't have a current backup since the old server crashed and I was unable to complete a backup before upgrading. I really don't want to lose my data. Appreciate any help.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Start by trying 9.3 and we'll work from there.

pathoftruth

Cadet
Thanks for the reply! So far I've been unsuccessful in starting up 9.3 on my new hardware (Dell Poweredge T30 w/Xeon 1285 and 8gb RAM). I keep hitting the Mountroot prompt. I've tried adding the tunable (set kFreeBSD.kern.cam.boot_delay="50000") and have even changed the value to as high as 5000000 with no success. I was thinking my next step would be to see if I could fire up 9.3 in a VM on my Win10 to see if I can extract the data there. Other than that, I could try to see if my old server is up for one more go but I doubt I'd be able to extract all the data that way. Not sure why I can't get 9.3 to boot up on the Poweredge T30. Thanks again for the help!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
You can also try 9.10, which has significantly newer drivers for a lot of things.

pathoftruth

Cadet
I was able to boot into 9.10 but had the same rebooting issue when attempting to import the volume. IDK if it's worth trying in the old hardware (if I can get it to even come up).

Status
Not open for further replies.