I may have messed up my network configuration

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlyon

Cadet
Hello,

New to FreeNAS, but not NAS (or VMWare).

Version: 9.3

Problem: on my ESXi server, I cannot connect to the NAS via iSCSI or NFS.

What I did wrong: The previous admin had LAGG setup on the two NICs. I separated them and split them into two networks. I am looking to move the NAS onto a new network. Since I separated the two networks, the iSCSI connections all dropped.

What I did to try and correct the problem: At my last job, we had a QNAP NAS. It was ridiculously easy to create an NFS share, add the target IP for security and then connect to it. So I tried to do that here. Obviously, it didn't work.

So I cannot get the iSCSI connections or NFS to work. I googled the crap out of this and I am missing something. Hopefully you guys can help.

I imagine that I need to change to the individual NIC from the LAGG setup somewhere in FreeNAS fo iSCSI to work, no?

As far as NFS, I am clearly missing something in security as I am getting the following error:

On one network:
Call "HostDatastoreSystem.CreateNasDatastore" for object "ha-datastoresystem" on ESXi "X.X.X.X" failed.
NFS mount X.X.X.X:/mnt/ODE-FREENAS-DATA/vmbackup failed: The mount request was denied by the NFS server. Check that the export exists and that the client is permitted to mount it.

On the other network:
Call "HostDatastoreSystem.CreateNasDatastore" for object "ha-datastoresystem" on ESXi "0.0.0.0" failed.
NFS mount 0.0.0.0:/mnt/ODE-FREENAS-DATA/vmbackup failed: Unable to connect to NFS server.

(I changed the IP's to 0's for security reasons)
Also, it should be noted that I am not a *nix guy.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.