I can not log into FreeNAS 9.2.1.7

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christyan

Cadet
I can not log into FreeNAS 9.2.1.7, and he created a User can not log in, keep saying that the User and Password are wrong.

Christyan

Cadet
yes, I'm using, I can create the User and password, but when the User will log it can not, it appears that the User is required field despite being typed and created.

gpsguy

It would help if you explained the problem in more detail.

I presume that you are able to login to FreeNAS' webGUI with the root user and password.

Did you create another user? How/where is this user trying to login to? If the user is trying to login to the webGUI, you can't. Only the root user can login here.

So, are you using a service like CIFS, FTP, etc. and is your user trying to login to access your server using one of these protocols.

Christyan

Cadet
I used the 9.2.1 version and another User who had also used the WebGui, so now root access, so this right? When the User attempts to access the files from his machine, is not by ftp is the same explorer, FreeNAS talks that do not have access. I am now using version 9.2.1.7

gpsguy

I presume English is not your native language. I'm having trouble understanding the issue, I presume others might have the same problem and are not chiming in to help.

If your other user has used the webGUI, then yes, they must have logged in with the "root" username/password.

I'm confused on the version numbers? You start off saying you used version 9.2.1 and then say you are using 9.2.1.7. Did you start with 9.2.1 - with everything working? And, upgrade to 9.2.1.7 and break the configuration? Or, are you both logging into the webGUI and making changes to the configuration.

Does the user access the files via Windows Explorer, using CIFS? If so, are you able to access the files via Windows Explorer with your account?

Christyan

Cadet
Desculpe, o ingles não é minha lingua nativa, deixarei em portugues para traducao, eu estava usando a versao 9.2.1 com tudo funcionando, inclusive o usuario criado usando a WebGui perfeitamente, fiz upgrade para a versão 9.2.1.7 e o usuario que estava criado nao acessava mais a WebGui.

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Desculpe, o ingles não é minha lingua nativa, deixarei em portugues para traducao, eu estava usando a versao 9.2.1 com tudo funcionando, inclusive o usuario criado usando a WebGui perfeitamente, fiz upgrade para a versão 9.2.1.7 e o usuario que estava criado nao acessava mais a WebGui.

For reference, the translation:

"(...) I was using 9.2.1 and everything was working, including the created user, which could log on to the WebGUI perfectly [could also mean something like "...everything was working perfectly, including the user created with the WebGUI"]. After upgrading to 9.2.1.7, this user could no longer access the WebGUI."

Apologies for the following breach of forum rules, but I believe it's easiest to just settle the matter now:

Christyan, apenas o utilizador root tem acesso à WebGUI. Se houver mais questões, podemos passar para um thread na secção em Português do fórum.

Status
Not open for further replies.