I can´t install any plugin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Guys:

Since i delete my past plugins and remove the storage, to create my raid, when i try to install any plugin, the jail its created, but the plugin no...

And i dont how solve it, i hope you know guys.

Feb 14 14:05:50 freenas warden: Building new Jail... Please wait...
Feb 14 14:05:50 freenas warden: zfs clone media/jails/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean media/jails/transmission_1
Feb 14 14:05:50 freenas warden: Success!
Feb 14 14:05:50 freenas warden: Jail created at /mnt/media/jails/transmission_1
Feb 14 14:05:50 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/mnt/media/jails/transmission_1/.plugins/PLUGIN']

i dont have nothing in the disk, the installation of the freenas 9.3 its fresh, i only create the raid.

any ideia?

Thanks for the support.

hugs and Kisses :)

Ricardo Nolasco

mav3rek

Dabbler
No problem! I'm brand new to all of this, but that was one issue I ran in to, so I knew what the deal was. Glad I could help!!!

ubje

Cadet
I'm having the same problem. I tried the stable release, the nightlies currently using FreeNAS-9.3-Nightlies-201502150400.

I tried removing the RAIDZ config and reinstalled it completely a few times but no matter what I keep getting this error.

mav3rek

Dabbler
Are you installing the plugin through the GUI or manually uploading the plugin into a jail? If you are using the GUI, try uploading one manually to a created jail and see if it will go through.

ubje

Cadet
Since this is the first freenas system I wanted to use the GUI for as much as possible., so I was installing the plugin with the GUI.

I created a jail manually, then go to plugins to upload one. But I cannot upload it into the jail, during the process it is creating a new jail. This time I'm getting:
Feb 17 21:59:54 freenas warden: ERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Since this is the first freenas system I wanted to use the GUI for as much as possible., so I was installing the plugin with the GUI.

I created a jail manually, then go to plugins to upload one. But I cannot upload it into the jail, during the process it is creating a new jail. This time I'm getting:
Feb 17 21:59:54 freenas warden: ERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone
What version of FreeNAS are you on? On FreeNAS 9.3 you can't create a plugin jail directly anymore, you have to upload a PBI or install a plugin from the repo.

ubje

Cadet
I just did an update and I'm using now FreeNAS-9.3-Nightlies-201502180408

I removed the jail and under storage the dataset with .warden then rebooted. After rebooting I tried to install a plugin which I did not try before and got this.

Feb 18 08:43:11 freenas warden: Building new Jail... Please wait...
Feb 18 08:43:11 freenas warden: zfs clone fles/filmpjes/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean fles/filmpjes/crashplan_1
Feb 18 08:43:11 freenas warden: ERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone
Feb 18 08:43:11 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Failed to install plugin: cannot open 'fles/filmpjes/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean': dataset does not exist ERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone]

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I just did an update and I'm using now FreeNAS-9.3-Nightlies-201502180408

I removed the jail and under storage the dataset with .warden then rebooted. After rebooting I tried to install a plugin which I did not try before and got this.

Feb 18 08:43:11 freenas warden: Building new Jail... Please wait...
Feb 18 08:43:11 freenas warden: zfs clone fles/filmpjes/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean fles/filmpjes/crashplan_1
Feb 18 08:43:11 freenas warden: ERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone
Feb 18 08:43:11 freenas manage.py: [middleware.exceptions:38] [MiddlewareError: Failed to install plugin: cannot open 'fles/filmpjes/.warden-template-pluginjail@clean': dataset does not exist ERROR: Failed creating clean ZFS base clone]
Fixing this is out of my league. Don't know anything about warden/how FreeNAS interacts with it.

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Sounds like some prior attempt to install partially completed.

What hardware are you using?

ubje

Cadet
I'm using this:
Supermicro X10SLL+-F
Xeon E3-1230 V3
2x 8GB Memory
4x 4TB in RAIDZ2

I just changed the permissions of the volume I created so the user 'root' and group 'wheel' have read, write and execute rights. Now I can install different plugins, I'm only not sure if this is the way to do it.

Last edited:

white_noise

Dabbler
I am also getting the same error on a fresh install.

error: [Errno 2] No such file or directory: u'/mnt/Vol1/jails/transmission_1/.plugins/PLUGIN'

The plugin will install but fail on the jail portion with this error.

white_noise

Dabbler
Scratch that, i tried the install a few times after deleting the jail each time still no success.
Rebooted the server and tried and it worked on the first try..

Status
Not open for further replies.