I am not able to find the server on any computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

Keegan Leach

Cadet
After finally getting through it I have setup the server. I can access by web GUI, I can ping it, but I cannot find it on the computer when I go to networks. I have made sure I am on a private network. I changed to wifi and still can't find it. What have I not done? Am I supposed to do something on the server like setup the network interface or the DNS server?

garm

Wizard
No you should just see it in Finder. Try going to the Finder menu Go > Connect to Server (or Just press command+K) and enter smb://<serverip>:)port)/<name of share>

You might not even need the name of share as Finder should display them

Keegan Leach

Cadet
No you should just see it in Finder. Try going to the Finder menu Go > Connect to Server (or Just press command+K) and enter smb://<serverip>:)port)/<name of share>

You might not even need the name of share as Finder should display them
Am I suppose to setup the Vlan Interface? I did like a test one and after I did that I was able to go to networks on another computer and see the icon for the server. I was able to click to get inside it but then it says in one of the folders after I click on it that I am able to gain access to the shared folder.

Last edited:

danb35

Hall of Famer
What is this for?
It's for you. You haven't given any information about your system, your network environment, what you've tried, what happened when you tried it ("it didn't work" isn't helpful in this regard), your client environment (no idea why @garm thinks you're using Macs), what makes you think you'd do anything with VLANs, etc.

And yes, the question has been asked, several times.

Keegan Leach

Cadet
It's for you. You haven't given any information about your system, your network environment, what you've tried, what happened when you tried it ("it didn't work" isn't helpful in this regard), your client environment (no idea why @garm thinks you're using Macs), what makes you think you'd do anything with VLANs, etc.

And yes, the question has been asked, several times.
Ok, well it was all because I didn't put the \\ before the IP address.

danb35

Hall of Famer
it was all because I didn't put the \\ before the IP address.
Glad you solved it. There's no way any of us could have with the complete lack of information you provided.

Status
Not open for further replies.