Hullo! From Bonnie Scotland...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris Weir

Cadet
Hi,

I've only been messing around with FreeNAS for the last week or so, and I'm pleasantly surprised at it. I need to admit, I never thought it was much more than a simple file server stuck on a *nix kernel, so I am relentlessly apologetic for my past wrongs.

A bit about me: I'm an Electrical Engineer to trade, working towards my Charter-ship. I've an addiction to all things techie. In addition I'm a wannabe, but probably will be a neverbe, entrepreneur with my many unfinished technical (but patentable) projects sitting in a box (some of which really needs to be finished!). But the current "project" that has led me to FreeNAS is partnering with my father in business - that I have got myself stuck with. Family... Ba humbug...

Anyway, I've had a look through the forms, and I've been trying to hoover up a bit of information about FreeNAS. I've got a few questions about how best to go around things, but I'll post these in the relevant sections.

Cheers,

CW.

gpsguy

Welcome to the forums!

Yes, you live in a beautiful country. We spent a few days in Scotland last fall.

Chris Weir

Cadet
Yip, sometimes I need to remind myself of this. Being stuck in the central belt makes you forget just how close to the nature, hills, and the landscape you are.

Where did you go? I've lived all around the heavily populated areas (if you can call them that) besides the North East.

Status
Not open for further replies.