http acess!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jmm_wifi

Cadet
Hi guys i'm running FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r12825) in a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz with 4gb ram, i've all my setup running smoothly, with ssh/ftp acess, CIFS shares for XBMC pbi's: sabnzbd+; transmission; couchpotato; sickbeard; lazylibrarian and Maraschino.

At work my connection goes through a proxy and i cannot get access to my ssh or ftp so i can dl stuff from my nas to my laptop.

So here is the 1 million dollar question Is there any way i can setup a webserver so i can access all my files through the company proxy!

Well thank you all for any help you guys can give me!!

cyberjock

Inactive Account
Not directly with FreeNAS. No service exists that performs that function as a regular part of FreeBSD.

fede2222

Dabbler
Hi guys i'm running FreeNAS-8.3.0-RELEASE-p1-x64 (r12825) in a Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU P8600 @ 2.40GHz with 4gb ram, i've all my setup running smoothly, with ssh/ftp acess, CIFS shares for XBMC pbi's: sabnzbd+; transmission; couchpotato; sickbeard; lazylibrarian and Maraschino.

At work my connection goes through a proxy and i cannot get access to my ssh or ftp so i can dl stuff from my nas to my laptop.

So here is the 1 million dollar question Is there any way i can setup a webserver so i can access all my files through the company proxy!

Well thank you all for any help you guys can give me!!

It's a network limitation... not problem of FreeNAS... the only thing i can suggest is install ThinVNC on another PC on your network (it work on port 80 for remote access on a compatible HTML5 Browser using "Share Desktop", bypass corporate firewalls) and download what you want.

Freenas is FreeBSD base... i assume you can install apache and share the directories via HTTP but was too problematic to setup, you risk your FREENAS installation and security issues.

The other option is a VPN... but i assume that corporate firewall rules dont let you

Scareh

Contributor
the other option i've been trying to get working is ajaxplorer.
You should be able to put a specific port inside it so you can bypass your proxy.

jmm_wifi

Cadet
Thank you all for your help .. i'll take a look at the ajax explorer but for now the only way is to dl at home to a usb device and them ul at work !

Status
Not open for further replies.