HP ProLiant Microserver 54L

Status
Not open for further replies.

phoba

Cadet
I recently bought a HP ProLiant Microserver 54L, and was wondering if this is supported by FreeNas? I got it all set up, except my hard drives (WD green) aren't showing up in the web interface (I'm running the server headless over the network, I don't have a monitor)

I've searched for this issue, but so far have only seen cases for an older model the N40L.

Can any one enlighten me?

gpsguy

Just as a reminder for posting messages.

When you start a new thread you MUST write a subject that accurately describes the content.

Including the following information in your thread will increase the chance you will get an answer:

FreeNAS version and platform (32 or 64 bit).
General hardware information (CPU, RAM, Motherboard model, etc.).
Specific hardware information (Network card chipset, Raid controller chipset, etc.).
DMESG output or copy of specific error message.
IFCONFIG output if you are asking about a NIC or networking problem.
PCICONF -lv output if you are asking about MotherBoard and / or PCI card problems.
Code snippets, logs, config files and quotes should be enclosed in the appropriate bbcode tags.
To provide you with accurate answers we need this information and it will also help others to find your posts when they are searching for similar information.

That being said, it'll probably work. It's only been out for a couple of months - if you search the forum, you'll find a message, where someone bought one about a month ago. It works on the 36 and 40 (I have a 40).

Did you install FN on a flash drive or one of the disks? If the latter, you won't be able to use it for storage with FN. Are the disks new? Or are you re-using disks that were formatted with a different operating system?

Post the output from the following commands, using the CODE tags.

camcontrol devlist

glabel status

babaroga

Explorer
I have two N40Ls and FreeNAS works since version 8.0x. I have extra Marvel based card for external drive enclosures with port multipliers, and use internal bay storage with couple od 250GB drives. Saying that, none of my drives is bigger than 2TB (5 of those are Seagate Greens), and also have 1TB (8 of those are WD Greens, not used right now until set of 2TB get full).

As previously said, you need memory stick to install FreeNAS....

phobaphobic

Cadet
Thanks for your reply, here is the output

Code:
[root@freenas ~]# camcontrol devlist                                            
<USBDisk RunDisk 1.00>             at scbus6 target 0 lun 0 (pass0,da0)         
[root@freenas ~]# glabel status                                                 
          Name  Status  Components                                              
 ufs/FreeNASs3     N/A  da0s3                                                   
 ufs/FreeNASs4     N/A  da0s4                                                   
ufs/FreeNASs1a     N/A  da0s1a      

I'm running FreeNas off a USB disk, and it's not detecting a 1TB WD green drive (which otherwise works fine)

Status
Not open for further replies.