HP DL380 G7 FreeNAS-11.2-U3 Installation Error

louij2

Dabbler
Capture.PNG

Hi

I am installing FreeNAS-11.2-U3 on my HP DL380 G7
I am installing UEFI onto a USB and get this error.

Thanks
Luca

louij2

Dabbler
If I try to do a BIOS install I get this error. Just tried again with UEFI and I get the same error again below. To get to the above screen I have to format USB in Windows.
Capture.PNG

louij2

Dabbler
I'm thinking that I need to format my USB through the Shell? I'm not sure the command to use though.

Janky Jay

Dabbler
Are you sure this USB is good? What brand? I've seen similar issues on poor quality USB sticks. What really sticks out as the USB may be bad is that you cannot run the "dd" command to write zero's across it. This should be successful no matter what. Also, you don't need to format the USB stick at all. So long as the installer sees it, it can be installed to (formatted or zero'd out). Do you have another USB stick you can use just to rule that out?

EDIT: You might also want to try and change your BIOS settings to use "Legacy" or "BIOS" as opposed to UEFI just to see if that solves your problem. In my opinion, there really is no need to use UEFI for applications such as FreeNAS.

louij2

Dabbler
Are you sure this USB is good? What brand? I've seen similar issues on poor quality USB sticks. What really sticks out as the USB may be bad is that you cannot run the "dd" command to write zero's across it. This should be successful no matter what. Also, you don't need to format the USB stick at all. So long as the installer sees it, it can be installed to (formatted or zero'd out). Do you have another USB stick you can use just to rule that out?

EDIT: You might also want to try and change your BIOS settings to use "Legacy" or "BIOS" as opposed to UEFI just to see if that solves your problem. In my opinion, there really is no need to use UEFI for applications such as FreeNAS.
SanDisk Ultra Fit 64gb, gonna try what you suggested though but the USB is basically new.

louij2

Dabbler
Works if I install to an SD Card. Maybe something wrong with USB on this server?

Janky Jay

Dabbler
Either that, or perhaps the USB BIOS settings are only allowing read-only? I'm not sure. It is rather strange, though. Perhaps resetting the BIOS configuration to factory (or recommended) settings, then editing the boot order manually real quick could resolve the issue?

louij2

Dabbler
Either that, or perhaps the USB BIOS settings are only allowing read-only? I'm not sure. It is rather strange, though. Perhaps resetting the BIOS configuration to factory (or recommended) settings, then editing the boot order manually real quick could resolve the issue?
Could be I was also having issues with ESXi