HP DL180-G5 Drive issues

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am new to FreeNAS and I am having an issue with my installation, it does not work. I have an HP DL180-G5 with a P400 RAID Controller, and twelve 300GB drives. It works with other OSes but I cant seem to get the drives to be recognized. I have the FreeNAS OS installed on an 8GB memory stick. Installation when without a hitch. When I log in I can navigate to any tab except Volume Manager.
I have tried to configure the RAID controllers with NO logical drives and the when I get to the initialization Wizard I see no drives present, which makes sense.
I have tried to configure the RAID controllers with 12 RAID#0 logical drives and the when I get to the initialization Wizard I get "rolling bars" and then in a while a message asking "if it should stop the Script?". At that point no matter what tab I click on I get the "rolling bars" even "reboot".
After a console reboot and a log in, I can again navigate anywhere and make changes or view information. When I look at View Volumes I see there are none displayed, when I look at View Disks I see there are none displayed. As soon as I click on Volume Manager I go off to LaLa Land! and that will last as long as I stay connected with the familiar "Loading..." and "rolling bars". Any Ideas?

D

dlavigne

Is the controller in JBOD mode? Does it show as supported in the FreeBSD 9.3 hardware list?

Status
Not open for further replies.