How to use the mv command to move files from one dataset to another

Scharbag

Guru
Hey guys so I tried the zfs unmount "Candace/Media Library" in the CLI and I get the following

root@SirNas[~]# zfs unmount "Candace/Media Library"
cannot open 'Candace/Media Library': dataset does not exist
root@SirNas[~]#

View attachment 43794 View attachment 43795

I also opened the MC command and came across this.. I also cannot delete the Media Library Dataset. Should I create another Dataset Called Media_Library?
Why are you using the CLI? Use the GUI. And welcome to using spaces.

Cheers,

csearle

Contributor
What I did thus Far is: Created a new Dataset called Media_Volume, was able to create some shares to the Dataset, Was able to create a folder and delete that folder. I wanted to test a theory out, so I copied one folder from the Media File dataset to Media_Volume, which had three files.. I proceeded to stop the Jail that was pointing to Media File dataset and pointed to Media_Volume.. I restarted the Jail. Started the Plex app and nothing showed up... I went to manage libraries and noticed that the name of the server was greyed out. I had an idea that this was due to permissions, so I opened the Shell in Plex did a ls -l to see what was listed and to my surprise my Plex Media Server was not Listed..

I repointed the Plex back to the old dataset

csearle

Contributor
Update:
So I had to move all the files from Media Library to Media_Volume using my laptop, I pointed a new Mountpoints for Plex and to my surprise it worked flawlessly.

Snow

Patron
Sorry, I really still prefer google over the new style documentation website :tongue:
Agree the new docs suck imo, MC is way easier then
Code:
fs send -R SSD_Pool/iocage@migration | pv | zfs receive -v SSD_Poolv2/iocage

or
Code:
mv /usr/local/SickChill-master /usr/local/sickchill # <----case correction