How to start iSCSI in single user mode?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ehsdala

Cadet
My ZFS volume is corrupt and throws FreeNAS into panic at boot. I've successfully followed the forum thread that describes how to mount it read only in single user mode so that part is fixed.

Network is up and I'm able to ping FreeNAS system from hosts, ssh is also up and I'm logged on to cli. Web gui is however not working, I'm able to log on but the page is blank, probably due to not all services are started.

What I need help with is a way to give ESXi hosts access to the vmfs volume! So my question is, what commands do I have to issue in order to present the volume to ESXi hosts over iSCSI?

I'll appreciate any and all constructive suggestions but please refrain from telling me how I should have done in the first place! The system was up for several years without any problem even after power outages. This problem is most probably because of a multiple memory cell corruption, something even ECC have problem with.

I've exchanged the old motherboard, cpu and memory with new units.
Mobo: Gigabyte z77x-ud7h
CPU Intel i7
Memory: 24GB
Internal SATA + LSI 9211-8i IT

Old set-up:
Mobo: Gigabyte z77x-ud5h
CPU Intel i7
Memory: 16GB
Internal SATA + LSI 9211-8i IT

Last edited by a moderator:

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
I don't think iSCSI is the best option for recovering from this. Copy the contents to a new pool and work from there.

ehsdala

Cadet
Thank you for your suggestion but the only way to read a vmfs file system is to use an ESXi host, that's why I need iSCSI!

Ericloewe

Server Wrangler
Sure, but you don't have to use it with the dubious pool. dd the contents of the zvol over to a zvol on a new pool and work from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.