HOW-TO: NextCloud 10 w/ Apache, PHP, and MariaDB

Status
Not open for further replies.

pitt1717

Explorer
TY so much.... I knew I was missing something. now I have to figure out the permissions. any advice

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
TY so much.... I knew I was missing something. now I have to figure out the permissions. any advice
Best to start your own topic on that instead of cluttering up this thread. Permissions are an entirely different subject than the Nextcloud install.

KODB

Dabbler
First off, my hat is off to you for the time and effort to put together this HOWTO.
I have followed it up to the point where I ought to be seeing the config screen and am familiar with this from previous manual own cloud installs on linux.
I am encountering a couple of errors:
Code:
root@nextcloud:~ # service apache24 restart

Performing sanity check on apache24 configuration:

WARNING: number of probes fixed does not match the number of defined probes (12 != 13, respectively)

WARNING: some probes might not fire or your program might crash

[Tue Jan 10 08:30:41.061213 2017] [so:warn] [pid 69250] AH01574: module php7_module is already loaded, skipping

httpd: Syntax error on line 543 of /usr/local/etc/apache24/httpd.conf: Syntax error on line 13 of /usr/local/etc/apache24/Includes/cloud.alleghenyvascular.com.conf: Expected </Directory> but saw </IfModule>

Also when I reach the web page I am seeing the following:
Code:
apps directory not found! Please put the Nextcloud apps folder in the Nextcloud folder or the folder above. You can also configure the location in the config.php file.

Does anyone understand the source of the first error?
I used the directions including the 10.01 version for install. Is correction of the second error simply editing the config.php file or did I put stuff in the wrong place from the get go?

Again, thanks and kudos for this and helping us relative noobs not have to reinvent the "wheel"

Bob

ZodiacUHD

Patron
Hey there, did any of you successfully setup a reverse proxy? I successfully set it up for other jails but once i get to Nextcloud and add overwritewebroot in the config.php file it seems to "break" Nextcloud: i cannot access it via mynas.com/nextcloud nor from my local IP. I'm really confused...

sploiz

Cadet
i just wanted to say THANK YOU for writing this guide. i'm just learning what all i can do with freenas and this was my first jail setup. i ran into a ton of issues while getting this set up, but through shear stubbornness i was able to figure them out without having to ask, tho i came really close a few times. i just got done getting the a+ from ssl labs and i'm finally done. again, thank you!

fireeater

Cadet
Hi. I'm new to FreeNAS and have tried several times to install nextcloud in a jail using apache...
This cookbook is great and I'd like to thank you for that.
Unfortunatelly I'm stuck at the point of installing PHP7 in the cloud "PHP 7.0
Install PHP and associated modules". After releasing the command in the jail, Freenas notice me with the following:
Updating FreeBSD repository catalogue...
FreeBSD repository is up-to-date.
All repositories are up-to-date.
pkg: No packages available to install matching 'php70-APCu' have been found in the repositories

Have not found any solution for my problem so far.
Hope you can help me.
Many thanks in advance

amlamarra

Explorer
I'm having the same problem as the last 2 posters. there is no php70-APCu or php70-redis packages.

Also, when I do service apache24 restart, I get the following warnings (3 times):
WARNING: number of probes fixed does not match the number of defined probes (12 != 13, respectively)

When I comment out the line, LoadModule php7_module libexec/apache24/libphp7.so, from httpd.conf, the warnings go away. Anyone know what's up?

Also also, when configuring php.ini, I had to copy the 'php.ini-production' file to 'php.ini' and work from there. But I didn't find a line for upload_max_size. I did, however, see upload_max_filesize = 2M. Is that the correct one to modify?

Last edited:

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Well there is this note on frehsports about it:
port moved to databases/pecl-redis on 2017-02-15
REASON: Merged with latest codebase that supports all php versions

Maybe @Joshua Parker Ruehlig can shed some light on this since he was one of the maintainers of php70-redis to approve of the move. :D

15 Feb 2017 14:57:37
Add pecl-redis 3.1.1 (copied from php56-redis and updated to 3.1.1)

- Remove databases/php56-redis, databases/php70-redis and databases/php71-redis
- Add MOVED entries
- While I'm here, add LICENSE_FILE

Changes: https://pecl.php.net/package-changelog.php?package=redis
PR: 216700
Submitted by: Daniel Ylitalo <daniel@blodan.se> (maintainer of
databases/php71-redis)
Approved by: Mikhail Tsatsenko <m.tsatsenko@gmail.com> (maintainer of
databases/php56-redis),
Joshua Ruehlig <joshruehlig@gmail.com> (maintainer of databases/php70-redis,
timeout, 14 days)

amlamarra

Explorer
Well, I look forward to when it's resolved because after finishing the setup & running this command:
su -m www -c 'php /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud/occ config:system:set memcache.local --value="\OC\Memcache\APCu"'

My Nextcloud is no longer working. The web page just says, "Memcache \OC\Memcache\APCu not available for local cache Is the matching PHP module installed and enabled?"

How can I undo that?

Edit: I got it with the following command:
su -m www -c 'php /usr/local/www/apache24/data/nextcloud/occ config:system:delete memcache.local'

Jailer

Not strong, but bad

Justas

Cadet
so if understand correctly, until this will be clarified (php70-APCu php70-redis) this guide won't be successful of setting up freshly nextcloud?

Last edited:

amlamarra

Explorer
so if understand correctly, until this will be clarified (php70-APCu php70-redis) this guide won't be successful of setting up freshly nextcloud?
Not necessarily. Nextcloud won't NEED those things to run. I think they're just used for caching to help improve performance. Though I could be wrong.

Anyway, I abandoned the idea of doing this in a jailed/FreeBSD machine. I just spun up an Ubuntu Server VM and got everything setup there. It's much easier & there's a lot more documentation online for how to do it.

Justas

Cadet
Not necessarily. Nextcloud won't NEED those things to run. I think they're just used for caching to help improve performance. Though I could be wrong.

Anyway, I abandoned the idea of doing this in a jailed/FreeBSD machine. I just spun up an Ubuntu Server VM and got everything setup there. It's much easier & there's a lot more documentation online for how to do it.
Well, i do have limitted amount of resources, which i would like to reserve for other tasks, instead of spining up ubuntu server just for nextcloud.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
I think they're just used for caching to help improve performance. Though I could be wrong.
Correct. And unless you have many users connecting to your nextcloud instance you likely won't see any benefit from it.

Lars Kluken

Dabbler
I'm having the same problem as the last 2 posters. there is no php70-APCu or php70-redis packages.

Also, when I do service apache24 restart, I get the following warnings (3 times):

When I comment out the line, LoadModule php7_module libexec/apache24/libphp7.so, from httpd.conf, the warnings go away. Anyone know what's up?
I have the same problem. Did anyone find a solution to this one?
I also get this error when restarting apache:
Code:
AH00526: Syntax error on line 7 of /usr/local/etc/apache24/Includes/lgk.ddns.net.conf:
Invalid command '[END,QSA,R=permanent]', perhaps misspelled or defined by a module not included in the server configuration
I guess these might be related.

papaja

Dabbler
Restart apache... again...

$ service apache24 restart

Navigate to the website

http://192.168.1.99/

You should now see the setup screen for NextCloud!!
Made it trough here.

If I use 192.168.x.xx ip address all I see is "It works" from default apache installation.

If I use fqdn which I've set up in hosts file for testing purposes I am redirected to https and get connection error ERR_CONNECTION_REFUSED. I commented out 3 lines starting with Rewrite in conf file.

Please help.

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Status
Not open for further replies.