SOLVED How to fix mirrored boot degraded

Status
Not open for further replies.

NasKar

Guru
I have FreeNAS 9.10 U2 installed with 2 identical sandisk 32 GIG USB sticks in a mirrored configuration. My IPMI stopped working so I had to do a reset of it by booting with a USB containing the reset utility. When FreeNAS booted back up one of the boot USBs somehow went bad. Boot Volume Condition: DEGRADED One or more devices could not be opened. Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state. How can I fix this, I can't believe the USB is bad as it's only 1 month old.

NasKar

Guru
I'm sure there is a better way and maybe someone could let me know for future reference, but I fixed it this way:
1) created a 9.10 U2 install USB
2) removed the bad boot USB and cleaned the partition and reformated to fat32 on my windows 10 machine
3) I booted into the FreeNAS install USB and selected the 2 USB drives and told it to format them.
4) Reloaded my config
Hope this helps someone else.

SweetAndLow

Sweet'NASty
Full reinstall is usually easier. Make sure to backup encryption keys and config.

It you can plug in New usb, offline the bad one, replace with new one. Then pull one out and hope you got the right one. If not put it back and pull the other.

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.