Boot volume problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazeStar

Patron
Using FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 (561f0d7a1)

Today I got the following message:

Code:
The boot volume state is DEGRADED: One or more devices are faulted in response to persistent errors. Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state.

So I have two USB keys (mirrored) to boot FreeNAS.

One reports to be faulty, the other one is OK.

Is there a way to know which is which?

Thanks!

Nope, Pull one out and see if it boots. If it does check and see if it's the one that is good or not.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Using FreeNAS-9.10.2-U6 (561f0d7a1)

Today I got the following message:

Code:
The boot volume state is DEGRADED: One or more devices are faulted in response to persistent errors. Sufficient replicas exist for the pool to continue functioning in a degraded state.

So I have two USB keys (mirrored) to boot FreeNAS.

One reports to be faulty, the other one is OK.

Is there a way to know which is which?

Thanks!
This is the reason that I started using 2.5" laptop drives for my boot drives. You can do diagnostic tests on them. The USB drives just randomly die and there isn't any testing for them.

Still on USB but I have an older SSD that once I clear some stuff off will end up in my nice hot swap bay on the Chenbro for an OS drive. If I had a couple small laptop drives I would use them instead but the couple I have ended up in other stuff.

Chris Moore

Hall of Famer
Still on USB but I have an older SSD that once I clear some stuff off will end up in my nice hot swap bay on the Chenbro for an OS drive. If I had a couple small laptop drives I would use them instead but the couple I have ended up in other stuff.
I have a couple spare. PM the address.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.