How do replace a missing smb.conf file?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wade

Contributor
I put some files on to copy from my main computer to freenas. I left for work. When i cam home the main computer had went to sleep mode and freenas had crashed. I have no idea why. After the crash i no longer have a smb.conf file, that is why my cfs always says "the service cannot be started" i thought i might have a corrupt system disk but i thought the system disk couldn't be written to.. any help appreciated

i typed in this:
testparm /usr/local/etc/smb.conf
[ro
and got back this:
[root@freenas ~]# testparm /usr/local/etc/smb.conf
Load smb config files from /usr/local/etc/smb.conf
max_open_files: increasing sysctl_max (11095) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
rlimit_max: increasing rlimit_max (11095) to minimum Windows limit (16384)
params.c:OpenConfFile() - Unable to open configuration file "/usr/local/etc/smb.
conf":
No such file or directory
Error loading services.
[root@freenas ~]#

aassdot@freenas ~]# testparm /usr/local/etc/smb.conf

Wade

Contributor
this may be a bug... had to turn the permissions under my valume... "type of acl" from unix to windows, this allowed cifs to run, now after checking once i can put it back to unix and cifs still works

phoenix

Explorer
this may be a bug... had to turn the permissions under my valume... "type of acl" from unix to windows, this allowed cifs to run, now after checking once i can put it back to unix and cifs still works
If you think it's a bug then file a report in bugzilla with full details of the problem and your exact freenas version etc.

ve.i.am

Cadet

Thanks Wade! I've been trying to solve this for the past 2 days and your solution worked like charm!

Status
Not open for further replies.