Hi I'm Dave

Status
Not open for further replies.

dclutter1

Cadet
Hey guys. I've been using freenas for a couple of years now. I use it to store all my movies and TV shows. My front end devices are all xbmc running on various hardware (htpc, xios, and atv2). I'm running version 0.7.2. When I sat it up, I recall the latest version, at the time, didn't have many of the features available in v7. I haven't really messed with it since.

I think it's time for some bigger drives and maybe new hardware so I figured I'd start looking around here for some build information. Current hw is amd athlon 4200+ with 2gb of ram and 6 drives equaling about 2tb. It runs fine, performance wise, but it's making some noise. I could probably clean it up and replace some fans and the drives but I'm not one to overlook an excuse to buy some new pc parts :tongue:

Anyway, you probably won't see much from me because I'm sure all the info I need is already here. Figured I'd say hi though.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

pirateghost

Unintelligible Geek
FYI: The FreeNAS .7 project became NAS4Free, and continued in that form. The FreeNAS you currently see here today is a completely different project from the version that you are already running.

dclutter1

Cadet
That explains some things. Particularly the higher-than-I-remembered hardware requirements.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.