Hi from Australia

Photonit

Cadet
Hi all

Got into FreeNAS to cheaply make use of a bunch of hard drives I had lying around doing nothing. Thousands of dollars later I’ve got a super fast network with heaps of storage.

I use my NAS mainly as a video library to store ISOs of my DVDs, Blu-rays and 4Ks.

If you would like to see my tutorial on Windows file shares and permission for a video library, then check my new video at
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vIYrFfWOs5c
This supposes the Brady Bunch had a home network.
Please note: I don’t have the same taste in videos as Mike Brady.

Tigersharke

BOfH in User's clothing
Administrator
It doesn't take much to recognize how things can be setup to be the most efficient and easy to use. FreeNAS certainly takes a bit of the struggle away from the setup and configuration end while itself being no cost. You may have noticed the resources section here on these forums, I believe such a tutorial video could be added. I found this resource including video links but there appears to be some sort of issue with media embeds here or possibly the resource needs some repair. It may have been created while under XenForo 1.x and things have changed or still need adjusting in our XenForo 2.x install.

Photonit

Cadet
Took me a while to notice the resources section. Feel free to link my video.

There are great videos out there but probably not enough to warrant a separate video section.

Maybe resurrecting the “How-To Guides” sub forum from the Archive might be worthwhile?