Status
Not open for further replies.

lhriscopez

Dabbler
SUPERMICRO MBD-X10SLL-F-O
Intel Core i3-4170
8 gb ECC
6 x 2tb hgst drives

I'am the definition of knowing enough to get in trouble and havent used freenas or plex in a few years so please bear with me.

So ive gotten freenas set up and working as far as i know. Raidz2 but im struggling to find documentation to aid me and make sure i have things set up
correctly. I have about 600ish gbs of media moved over and want to get it working with plex before i move forward. So for i had the plex plug in working and wanted to change things but now its gone and wont take me to the plex webpage. Wont even show up after installing.

edit

Still struggling ...what im trying to do is have two libraries for plex. TV / Movies.
Right now i have storage source set to /mnt/the_vault/vault/Media/TV
destination /media
So far that works but not the way i want it to.
When i go to plex and open media its all the 30+ folder names of my tv shows.

I would like to see just tv and movies if thats even possible. That way when i go to add a lib it just go to media/tv or media/movies
and its can pull the right content to the right libraries

Last edited:

lhriscopez

Dabbler
plugin is now showing up but i can not turn it on ( some error occured)

the jail is showing up as red. I think i screwed something up ha...

Jailer

Not strong, but bad
Did you change permissions on the plexmediaserver_1 dataset? You're also going to need more RAM if you want to run Plex.

nojohnny101

Wizard

lhriscopez

Dabbler
Still struggling ...what im trying to do is have two libraries for plex. TV / Movies.

Right now i have storage source set to /mnt/the_vault/vault/Media/TV
destination /media
So far that works but not the way i want it to.
When i go to plex and open media its all the 30+ folder names of my tv shows.

I would like to see just tv and movies if thats even possible. That way when i go to add a lib it just go to media/tv or media/movies
and its can pull the right content to the right libraries

nojohnny101

Wizard
If you are seeing all your content then you probably have things setup correctly.

When you are selecting destinations in the plex interface (I'm assuming this is what you are referring to), don't drill down anymore then you have to. You say that you can see all of your TV shows in the plex interface when you are creating a new library, well just select the parent directory that contains all of your shows and then choose "add" or whatever the button is to complete the process. Then plex will scan everything within that folder (all of your shows).

lhriscopez

Dabbler
With it slightly working its still not working the way i would want to. I can set the destination for the storage for both tv and movies to /media. Plex
will only show tv files even if storage is identical. If make storage for movies to a different folder such as /lib it will show the folders and the movies in that folder but wont populate in plex.

Im deleting everything and starting over with the guide you linked nojohnny101.
Im also not sure about the jail root,the guide says to put it where its "suitable to where you want your jails to be stored"
i really dont know whats suitable.

Is there a better location for this to work?
/mnt/the_vault/vault/Media/ then movies and tv are under media

lhriscopez

Dabbler
was able to resolve my issue by just creating a new folder at the storage destination
so /media/tv
and media/movies

pretty simple, but took me awhile to figure it out

nojohnny101

Wizard
Glad you got it worked out. Sorry I was away from my computer for most of the day and couldn't give you the detailed response needed.

Please mark the thread as "solved" when you get a chance!

Status
Not open for further replies.