Help configure Transmission plugin on FreeNAS-8.3.0-BEAT3

Status
Not open for further replies.

drfresh

Dabbler
Help configure Transmission plugin on FreeNAS-8.3.0-BETA3

Now I have really searched forums and The Internet but have not found an answer.

I simply need help to configure the Transmission plugin. I need to do some changes in the settings.json (I think) in order to get Transmission Remote GUI to work, change upload/download limits and perhaps other stuff.

But each time I change something the file is immediately overwrittten when transmission starts. Settings I change in the webinterface is not reflected in the settings.json file - I have fx tried to change RPC Auth. Required to false but it still requires a username password, and I can't login...

So I'm really confused.

My FreeNAS 8.3.0 BETA3 is a completely fresh install, not an upgrade, and transmission is the first plugin I have tried to get to work.

Thanks in advance for any help!

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Now I have really searched forums and The Internet but have not found an answer.

I simply need help to configure the Transmission plugin. I need to do some changes in the settings.json (I think) in order to get Transmission Remote GUI to work, change upload/download limits and perhaps other stuff.

But each time I change something the file is immediately overwrittten when transmission starts. Settings I change in the webinterface is not reflected in the settings.json file - I have fx tried to change RPC Auth. Required to false but it still requires a username password, and I can't login...

So I'm really confused.

My FreeNAS 8.3.0 BETA3 is a completely fresh install, not an upgrade, and transmission is the first plugin I have tried to get to work.

Thanks in advance for any help!

You need to configure Transmission from the FreeNAS Webgui, it's under services after you install the pbi. If you install the plugin (freenas pbi), configure it from the freenas gui, not the transmission gui or the config files.

drfresh

Dabbler
@Joshua
Well I did see that and tried to do the settings from there, but it is first of all missing alot of variables from the settings.json file and secondly the settings that are availble are not all working. I try to either set (as mentioned in my post) RPC Auth. Required off or on and still I can't login using neither Transmission GUI nor the transmission webinterface. In each I get a "401 Unauthorized user" error message nomatter how I set the parameters.

And as mentioned there are other settings I would like to change as well such as download/upload bandwith... How do I do that when these parameters is not available in the WebGUI under FreeNAS?

drfresh

Dabbler
Anybody who can help? Or point me to a guide on how to set transmission up proberly and get something like Tramission Remote GUI and the web interface to work. I had it all working fine under 8.0.4...

drfresh

Dabbler
Hmm - somehow I have partly "solved" this, but I'm not sure how? The login problem seems to be solved - I turned the plugin off using the plugins panel, the changed the settings (adding a user and password as I have tried a million times before) and then turned the plugin back on. Now I can connect using Transmission Remote GUI and from there control the bandwith settings...

drfresh

Dabbler
I still would really like to be able to edit more options in particular:

download-queue-size - default is 5
umask - default is 18

And I would wonder if other users wouldn't like to change something else.

Anybody who can help? I don't think this is such a stupid question, or?

Diekatzchen

Dabbler
While we're discussing settings we'd like in the freenas GUI, what about the incomplete downloads directory. I don't want to have files in my shared folder until they're complete, but I don't want to manually check every day and manually move the files. Not to mention if I manually move them, it stops seeding. Maybe it could be done with an "advanced settings" button that lets you manually add lines to be put in the settings.json.

Status
Not open for further replies.