Transmission ignoring settings.json?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
the freenas GUI never changes that setting. it loads the json file, changes the ones available in the freenas webui, rewrites the json file, the issues the reload command.
so like you said freenas is operating correctly.

can you install a second instance of transmission ( not delete the first one) and check the settings.json + transmission GUI from a different browser?

forumuser

Dabbler
holy shit, it worked perfectly in firefox. So I tried in chrome incognito, it it worked perfectly. So I went through my extension list, one by one. Guess which one was causing the problem...

Ice Quick Stream...totally random. It's a script that lets you use the site icefilms.info

If I enable the setting in FF, hit refresh, the setting is still saved. If I then move over to chrome with IQS enabled, hit refresh, then go back to FF, the setting is lost.

For some reason that script is resetting the form back to default everytime the page is refreshed.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time. Looks like the problem was with an extension I have installed on my browser. Disabling it, or using FF makes everything work as expected. I've restarted freenas to be sure, all the settings come back as expected.

Thanks for your help.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
holy shit, it worked perfectly in firefox. So I tried in chrome incognito, it it worked perfectly. So I went through my extension list, one by one. Guess which one was causing the problem...

Ice Quick Stream...totally random. It's a script that lets you use the site icefilms.info

If I enable the setting in FF, hit refresh, the setting is still saved. If I then move over to chrome with IQS enabled, hit refresh, then go back to FF, the setting is lost.

For some reason that script is resetting the form back to default everytime the page is refreshed.

Sorry for wasting everyone's time. Looks like the problem was with an extension I have installed on my browser. Disabling it, or using FF makes everything work as expected. I've restarted freenas to be sure, all the settings come back as expected.

Thanks for your help.
No prob, I was suspecting a weird browser/caching issue. Glad you got it worked out!

verinas

Dabbler
I dont see anything in /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/ but my transmission is happily downloading files and has a loaded blocklist. I'm wanting to change the buffer sizes but can't locate the config file anywhere.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
I dont see anything in /usr/pbi/transmission-amd64/etc/transmission/home/ but my transmission is happily downloading files and has a loaded blocklist. I'm wanting to change the buffer sizes but can't locate the config file anywhere.
If you want to change the "cache size" that is available in transmission configuration menu, in the left panel of the FreeNAS WebUI.
Transmission's data-directory is now in /var/db/transmission

verinas

Dabbler
Thanks but I'm not seeking to change the cache size I want to change the UDP buffers.

#define RECV_BUFFER_SIZE (229376)
#define SEND_BUFFER_SIZE (229376)

Not sure if this is even in settings.json - I wanted to locate it so I can take a look but I don't have any files in the locations discussed above. I have the latest version of freenas.

Joshua Parker Ruehlig

Hall of Famer
Thanks but I'm not seeking to change the cache size I want to change the UDP buffers.

#define RECV_BUFFER_SIZE (229376)
#define SEND_BUFFER_SIZE (229376)

Not sure if this is even in settings.json - I wanted to locate it so I can take a look but I don't have any files in the locations discussed above. I have the latest version of freenas.
I'm not sure how you change those, the fact that you have "define" infront of them makes me seem like they are compiled into transmission.
You could patch+compile yourself from ports, but in that case you are in the wrong place as this is for plugins =]

Status
Not open for further replies.