403: Forbidden | Unauthorized IP Address.

Gnrl Kitty

Cadet
I've just installed transmission. I've done nothing to the plugin or jail. However, when I go to the management page for Transmission, I get the following message:

403: Forbidden
Unauthorized IP Address.
Either disable the IP address whitelist or add your address to it.
If you're editing settings.json, see the 'rpc-whitelist' and 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' entries.
If you're still using ACLs, use a whitelist instead. See the transmission-daemon manpage for details.

I've used the shell in the jail to open settings.json and neither 'rpc-whitelist' nor 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' are in the file. This is not the first time I've installed Transmission on this machine. I just uninstalled it trying to fix something else, and this problem didn't occur then. It's only happening now that I've reinstalled it.

What could cause this?

Gnrl Kitty

Cadet
My bad I guess. I figured it out. I needed to use the arrow keys to scroll down and find the 'rpc-whitelist-enabled' line, then edit it from "true" to "false". I don't know why I've never needed to do this before.

Ramy Wassiem

Cadet
I appreciate if you can explain to me this procedure step by step as I am not very familiar with command lines and just updated my freenas from 11.1 to 11.2 specificaly because the transmission was always Off and couldnt turn it on. I have now with 11.2 the same problem you described above but I cannot figure out the steps to solve it. Thanks in advance

Alecmascot

Guru
I appreciate if you can explain to me this procedure step by step as I am not very familiar with command lines and just updated my freenas from 11.1 to 11.2 specificaly because the transmission was always Off and couldnt turn it on. I have now with 11.2 the same problem you described above but I cannot figure out the steps to solve it. Thanks in advance
It's in the Transmission Resource : https://www.ixsystems.com/community...darr-lidarr-jackett-transmission-organizr.58/