Hello FreeNAS World

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maelos

Explorer
Greetings everyone. I hope to make this the start of a long, mutually beneficial membership. I have been a "geek" or "nerd" all of my life, using technical skills to help others in one form or another. After five years of being a nurse (a story for another time), I decided to change careers for a better quality of life and to be able to focus on being a better father, husband, and teacher rather than giving my life to an abusive and morally corrupt health system.

I am now about 1.5 years in to professional IT (Cloud and Cyber Security Company), doing quite well, and trying to learn everything I can. Recently I converted my early life crisis PC build (CaseLabs STH10 with Custom Water cooling) into a mITX machine, and used the remaining parts to build an ESXI lab. Within this lab I plan to explore various products and IT skill sets, but for personal use I would also like to set up a resilient storage system. I have had two disks fail in the past and they are bitter memories. While I already have a decent backup scheme, I would like to learn more about the NAS/SAN technologies while I grow in my primary areas of interest - networking, Linux, and virtualization.

Thank you all for all of the information I have been able to use from your forums and linked resources. I look forward to our future conversations.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.