Hello FreeNAS world

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazymorton

Cadet
hey everyone. FreeNAS virgin here. got my first system and starting to experiment. made some mistakes and a big learning curve but I'm having fun.

This is all very very new to me but I'm happy to take the plunge and learn my way through it.

I guess I'm not really maxing the power of a NAS in it's true sense. I'm mainly using mine as a media server for storing my media because our son came back from OS and wanted his gaming rig back, which i was using for my server.

So i got a good deal on a HP Proliant with 5 x 1TB drives so figured what the hell i don't need another PC sitting around this will do.

Then i found out about FreeNAS and wanted to give it a go. I've dl 8.2.0 Beta and have the basic up and running. wiped some of my TV & Movies by mistake, that's one of those errors i mentioned :smile:
But i have our music and pictures all saved separately so even though i was slightly concerned I figured a fresh start is as good as anything (unless someone knows how to recover them?)

I got streaming working via WMC which was straight forward. now I'd like to get some torrenting and music going. so if anyone can point me to the right instructions for this please do.

so thanks all i hope to be able to contribute as i learn more. see you round the forums!

lrusak

Explorer
Welcome!!

As for torrents, you'll have to setup transmission. Since you are running 8.2 beta, you'll have to install the plugins jail plugin, and then add transmission as a plugin.

Status
Not open for further replies.