HDD LED Always On

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wardy125

Cadet
Hello :)

I'm totally new to FreeNAS, and have only been using it for the past few hours.

I finally got my windows shares running and everything seems to be working ok, the only problem is that for some reason, as soon as i plug this particular drive in, the HDD indicator LED comes on, and stays on. It doesn't even flicker for activity.

I have 2 drives, both sat in a 3 bay hot swap caddy, which, for some reason, the LED's are ON and flicker OFF when there's activity (so, opposite to the standard).

So, usually (I was running windows server on this particular machine before), the main indicator LED would flash opposite to the ones on the caddy.

Now, for some reason, the LEDs on the caddy are working correctly, but the main one in the chassis is just permanently on.

I've been running this server for a few years now, so the lights are wired correctly, and everything was working fine. Also, this only seems to happen on this one drive. I have another drive, which still contains some data that I need to backup. But when I plug the other drive in, and mount it - this doesn't happen.

I've read a couple of other posts that involved waiting and changing the APM values. I've tried changing those values, but nothing works. I've left it for maybe a couple of hours now, and it's still on.

As i've left it, the APM and Acoustic Level are both disabled.

Any help is greatly appreciated :)

Status
Not open for further replies.