HD missing after update

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vortagh

Cadet
Hi guys,

I have a problem with a hard drive "vanishing". I'm still getting into BSD/'nix/FreeNAS and this is over my head. :(
I installed 8.0.1 ages ago, never used it and now finally set it all up and also set up a ZFS share on the one HD I have in there at the moment. Then I realised that I wanted to upgrade to 8.3.0, so I followed the instructions on the documentary pages, saved my config, updated, went fine. Everything was there and running (including the drive, unless my memory is playing tricks on me. Might be). Then I realised that I still had the backed up config file, so I restored that one. Reboot. Disk gone. And I mean gone. The share is gone and I can't create a new one, because it simply won't show me the bloody drive to select.
I said fukkit, because I installed the old x86 version anyways and I can live with 10 minutes of redoing everything again and installed 8.3.0 64bit from CD onto the USB stick. Reboot, everything works fine...except the disc is still not there. :P

Any help would be soooo appreciated! :)
Please tell me if you need any system specs or specific file entries copy/pasted.

Thanks a lot,
Daniel

Status
Not open for further replies.